Preplant Soil Fumigant
MustGrow’s Biofumigant & Biopesticide Technology
TerraMG is a patented technology derived from food-grade mustard seed and formulated in a two-part liquid formula:
Part A – Sinigrin (Glucosinolate) Formulation
Part B – Myrosinase (Enzyme)
Upon mixing the sinigrin and myrosinase formulations together with water, a hydrolysis reaction occurs in which the myrosinase cleaves off the glucose group from the glucosinolate, and the remaining molecule quickly converts to allyl isothiocyanate (AITC).
Our technology, which is derived from food-grade mustard seed, is a natural and organic solution used to help control key diseases, pests and weeds. There is potential for this AITC technology to be applied globally as a preplant soil biofumigant to treat soil-borne diseases and insect pests, and as a postharvest biopesticide for storage and food preservation.
The technology is safe and not hazardous in that the two key components are separate and not active until combined in the field. This not only makes storage, shipping and product use safe, but also extends shelf-life which is uncommon for a natural biologic (currently +2 years and counting).
MustGrow’s Natural AITC vs. Synthetic AITC
MustGrow’s Natural AITC
- Ability to control release of AITC results in potential to develop multiple technologies for use in a variety of different applications and sectors.
- Benign formulation results in safe, easy transport, storage and handling with minimal restrictions, as well as extended shelf life.
- Minimal regulatory restrictions, no re-entry times, no buffer zones, no hazardous material compliance procedures required.
- Eligible for use in organic production.
- Instant release of AITC restricts the products potential applications and results in crop damage if applied to existing crops.
- Class 6 inhalation poison results in special transport, storage and handling requirements and added costs.
- Class 6 inhalation poison and high toxicity levels results in restrictive application procedures and cumbersome protocols.
- Not eligible for use in organic production.
TerraMG – Preplant Soil Biofumigant